The course teaches students how to install, configure and administer SharePoint, and also manage and monitor sites and users by using SharePoint 2010.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2003 or 2008 administrators and are interested in learning how to administer SharePoint 2010. The course is also intended for part time Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the administering line-of-business (LOB) applications in conjunction with internal business customers.
- Administering Active Directory by creating and managing user and group accounts, delegation of administration, and configuring Group Policy.
- Administering network infrastructure—DNS and TCP/IP connectivity.
- General conceptual awareness of Microsoft .NET Framework as it relates to SharePoint 2010.
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 through creating logons, assigning roles and using Microsoft SQL.
- Server Management Studio.
- One year’s experience using Windows PowerShell cmdlets.
- General security and authentication practices.
Module 1: Introducing Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- Evaluating the Features of Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- Preparing for SharePoint 2010
- Installing SharePoint 2010
- Advanced Installation of SharePoint 2010
Module 2: Creating a SharePoint 2010 Intranet
- Performing Initial Farm Configuration
- Configuring the SharePoint Logical Structure
- Exploring the SharePoint Web Application and Physical Architecture
Module 3: Administering and Automating SharePoint
- Configuring Central Administration
- Administering SharePoint from the Command Line
- Automating SharePoint Operations with Windows PowerShell
Module 4: Configuring Content Management
- Optimizing Content Storage and Access
- Managing Site Content Types and Site Columns
- Configuring the Managed Metadata Service
Module 5: Configuring Authentication
- Understanding Classic SharePoint Authentication Providers
- Understanding Federated Authentication
Module 6: Securing Content
- Administering SharePoint Groups
- Implementing SharePoint Roles and Role Assignments
- Securing and Auditing SharePoint Content
- Configuring Security for SharePoint Content
Module 7: Managing SharePoint Customizations
- Customizing Microsoft SharePoint
- Deploying and Managing Features and Solutions
- Configuring Sandboxed Solutions
Module 8: Configuring and Securing SharePoint Services and Service Applications
- Securing the Enterprise SharePoint Service
- Securing and Isolating Web Applications
- Services and Service Applications
Module 9: User Profiles and Social Networking
- Configuring User Profiles
- Implementing SharePoint 2010 Social Networking Features
Module 10: Administering and Configuring SharePoint Search
- Configuring Search
- Refining Search
Module 11: Implementing Productivity Service Applications
- Implementing Business Connectivity Services
- Configuring Excel Services
- Understanding PerformancePoint Services
- Implementing InfoPath Forms Services
- Implementing Visio Services Features
- Implementing Access Services
- Implementing Office Web Apps
Module 12: Installing and Upgrading to SharePoint 2010
- Installing SharePoint Servers and Farms
- Upgrading to SharePoint 2010
- Evaluating Installations and Upgrades
- Configuring SharePoint Operational Settings
- Updating SharePoint
Module 13: Implementing Business Continuity
- Protecting and Recovering Content
- Working with Backup and Restore for Disaster Recovery
- Implementing High Availability Solutions
Module 14: Monitoring and Optimizing SharePoint Performance
- Monitoring Logs
- Configuring SharePoint Health Analyzer
- Configuring Usage Reports and Web Analytics
- Monitoring and Optimizing SharePoint Performance
Module 15: SharePoint Online and Office 365
- Introducing Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- Setting Up Office 365
- Administering SharePoint Online
- Prepare for and install SharePoint 2010.
- Configure the fundamental service and logical components of a SharePoint implementation.
- Administer SharePoint using the user interface, the command line, and Windows PowerShell.
- Manage content in Lists and Libraries.
- Administer identities and authentication.
- Secure content in SharePoint sites.
- Manage customizations to a SharePoint implementation.
- Configure SharePoint services and applications.
- Configure SharePoint social networking features.
- Manage SharePoint search.
- Configure farms, servers, service applications, and web applications.
- Install, upgrade, configure, and operate a SharePoint farm.
- Configure high availability and recoverability.
- Monitor and optimize SharePoint performance.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2003 or 2008 administrators and are interested in learning how to administer SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint Online. The course is also intended for part-time Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in administering Line of Business (LOB) applications in conjunction with internal business customers.
- This course helps prepare candidates for Exam 70-667.
- When you pass Exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):
- MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Configuration.
- Exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010.
Follow on Courses
- M10231, Designing and Deploying a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Infrastructure (GK Premier)
- M10175, Developing and Customizing Applications for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 (GK Premier)
- M10232, Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Applications (GK Premier)
This course will be delivered with digital courseware. In order to have the best learning experience you are asked to bring your own second screen to view the courseware. A second screen includes: tablets and laptops.