This 5-day instructor-led course provides hands-on practice in implementing an IBM Maximo Asset Management (MAM) strategy. Hands-on exercises provide you with the opportunity to create a second instance of the Maximo application, perform customization activities, and migrate configuration content from a source environment to a target environment (the second Maximo instance). You will also create Java Message Service (JMS) queues, produce BIRT reports, and perform other implementation-oriented activities.
You should be familiar with:
- Maximo Asset Management Fundamentals, DB2 administration, and WebSphere administration.
- IBM Maximo Asset Management Fundamentals (TR570) or (TTR57)
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Create a new Maximo instance; create a target or test environment for use in Migration Manager
- Unit 3: Create dependent and independent Security groups and explore various Security settings
- Unit 4: Database configuration
- Unit 5: Application Designer customizations
- Unit 6: Create workflows
- Unit 7: Use Migration Manager to migrate configuration changes from development to test environment
- Unit 8: Use Integration Framework (MEA) to define JMS queues in WebSphere, prepare an asset record for publishing to external source, and import the changed record back into Maximo
- Unit 8: Install BIRT Report Designer, create a BIRT report, and import it into Maximo
- Describe the architecture of the Maximo Asset Management for 7.1
- Create a new Maximo instance
- Explore the Security application
- Perform database and application customization tasks
- Create and test two workflow scenarios
- Migrate configuration changes using Escalations, Integration Framework, and Conditional UI changes from source environment to target environment using Migration Manager
- Perform Integration Framework or MEA-related activities
- Query and run reports, install BIRT Report Designer, create a new report in BIRT, and import it into Maximo
This intermediate level course is for anyone responsible for implementation of Maximo Asset Management.